Position: VB.Net Analyst/Developer

Location: St. Louis, MO

Duration: 12+ months

Rate: $40/Hr Best

****Local Candidates given preference*****

Description of Responsibilities:

Contribute key input in solution design discussions, based on training and
experience.
Adhere to managements decisions and preferred standards.
Able to focus on business requirements and let those items drive technical
design decisions.
Able to identify and escalate issues appropriately and provide timely progress
updates.
Participate in business requirements meetings and design reviews with business
users and other IS team members.
Use standard VB.Net 2.0 to support and enhance existing applications.
Some experience with Excel VBA desired
Must have extensive experience working with data providers and datasets
connecting to an Oracle database.
Excellent oral and written communication is a requirement.
Must have good understanding of and experience with Windows .NET technology.
Platforms include Windows / .Net.
Able to balance & prioritize multiple tasks on her/his own, ensuring that all
deadlines are met.
Must be able to work closely with business analysts to understand the business
requirements and translate them into an effective design. Will need to work
closely with the existing development team to ensure all requirements & coding
standards are followed.

Description of Development/Support Projects:

Multiple systems in our Customer Analytics department related to Customer
hierarchy and Item maintenance as well as reporting systems used for strategic
shelf analysis. The department also has multiple Budgeting applications which
will require periodic maintenance. There will be support needed for these
applications as well as multiple enhancement projects that need to be scheduled
and delivered. The developer will work with a business analyst to solve
production issues and deliver business solutions to our Customer Analytics
Retail teams and the Generating Demand team. Most of this software interfaces
with Oracle databases maintained and enhanced within our Customer Analytics
team.