Dne 21.3.2012 21:12, Ladar Levison napsal(a):
On Wed, 03/21/12 11:38 AM, Stephen Mahood wrote:
Hi

I am researching different jabber server software and do like the xml
approach of jabberd2.x but I have a couple of questions. Namely the
setup we are looking at is a a central server to run the software, but
to have multiple VPN having the ability to create jabber accounts
specific to their address (virtual hosting) but the other thing we want
to restrict the creating of accounts to the local mysql for the virtual
hosted site. Is that feasible with jabberd2.x?

Stephen

I second that request. Specifically the ability to support new domains without having to launch instances of 'sm' for each one. Not to mention creating a new config file, and updating the 'c2s' config file. (I think it was 'c2s'.) It should be possible to support a new domain with a single line in the XML config... and down the road, perhaps the ability to control support for alternate/alias/child domains via the database?

P.S. I'll probably wait for the 2.3.0 release, since my system seems to be stable. Might I suggest a 2.3.0 release candidate? Personally I've lost track of the new features were introduced by the last couple of releases and/or in development. I've seen mention of PBX support which I'll probably need to investigate since I have no idea what that means or its impact? When I hear PBX I think of "private branch exchange," or voice/video support via a protocol like SIP. Is jabberd2 adding support for this? Or does PBX mean integration with something like Asterisk?

you can set from your PBX like asterisk that you are "on the phone"(status DND) when you have call echo "START cerve...@jabber.com/someresource DND 'on the phone' " > /usr/local/var/jabberd/run/pbx

OR

you can synchronize your calendar status to jabber status/info like MS Lync

there is one problem in XMPP generally
standard clients connect to jabber server with priority i.e. 5
in XMPP is recommended that external systems must set negative priority when connecting to jabber server (like PBX integration module)
BUT
for other users is not visible your DND status when you are "on the phone", because bigger priority have preference

i'm modified PBX integration to set highest possible priority. now my contacts can see that i'm "on the phone"
BUT
if they send me message, the message is lost because PBX module cannot receive messages

i can sponsor patch which "reroute" the message for PBX module to highest priority connected client. programmers? dont write me all ;)

--
Marek Cervenka