----- Original Message -----
From: "Geir Magnusson Jr." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, April 04, 2001 1:27 PM
Subject: Re: Cactus files strategy (WAS Re: Repost: [Cactus] What remains to
do ...)

> Vincent Massol wrote:
> >
> > Here are proposals/questions for naming/locations of the deliverable
files
> > of Cactus :
> >

> > 5) Snapshot names.
> > 5a) As there are several file names for each build, I suggest a
directory
> > per build with the date in the name : 2001-04-04
> > 5b) At first, I did not want to put any version information in the name
of
> > files but as some of you pointed out it is nice when you download
several
> > snapshots. So I propose :
> >
> > ex: cactus-22-20010404.jar, ...
>
> Ah.  I was just thinking of the date on the 'whole package' tgz/zip, not
> each part.
>
> cactus-20010404.tgz
>
> and since the tgz should unzip (ok, tar) into a cactus-20010404
> directory, then things stay together.

The problem is that different persons will want different files :
- runtime jar is only needed if you know well how everything work
- doc is nice but is optional
- ant tasks are needed only if you want to automate your builds using an Ant
build file
- src is needed only if you wish to look at the sources and rebuild Cactus
- sample is only needed for those who learn
- ...

I wouldn't want to put a single 3mo file, when only 45k is the only really
needed part (the runtime jar).

[snip]

Vincent