I'm not sure if this would be appropriate for commons or not, but I think
its an issue that  causes frequent inconvenience for jakarta developers &
users...

Basically, people want to see some non-trivial sample applications that
demonstrate the role and capabilities of the jakarta tools. Unfortunately,
"non-trivial", seems to mean that people want to see interaction with a JDBC
datasource.

Maybe I haven't done enough scouring, but there doesn't seem to be a JDBC
implemenation that without significant setup and configuration baggage. For
instance, I have a simple struts app. that I would eventually like to share,
but I have a dependancy on MySQL, that prevents users from simply dropping
the .war file into their container and firing up the app..

Would it be sensible to create a pure-java JDBC driver that can handle flat
files?? Or does it already exist, and I just missed it??

-- Levi