"Craig R. McClanahan" wrote:

> Folks,
>
> I've heard some pushback about the "jakarta" redundancy in the name of
> this mailing list ([EMAIL PROTECTED]).  A couple of
> alternatives have been suggested:
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] (short and sweet)
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] (consistent with other lists)
>
> Any thoughts?

I like jakarta-commons, as I think that while it appears redundant, I
think it hints at the intent of being something of a Commons for
Jakarta.  It might be interesting if we try and explain the intent
behind j-c, and see if we still get pushback.

The problem  I see with commons-dev is that people are trained to keep
user qustions on a -user list.  So we could start one of those too if we
have a -dev

geir

--
Geir Magnusson Jr.                               [EMAIL PROTECTED]