At 05:43  13/4/01 -0700, Scott Sanders wrote:

>>> Scott, I hope this is a joke - using DocBook ???? But docbook was not
>>> invented here, and is used only by all other open source projects.
>>>
>>> How could we use a standard DTD for technical documentation ? We're not
>>> Linux.
>>

>> so true it is sad ;(
>

>I am only to assume that Costin is joking ;-) (At least I hope he is joking)

you would hope wouldn't you? ;)
Whether he is joking there is more truth in it than I am comfortable with.
Have a look at what projects duplicate between them and you will know what
I mean. Ironically Commons was an attempt to stop the NIH and start sharing
between projects (internally at first). However there was another project
with the same purpose and the reason that was cited for not joining that
was NIH - comical eh ?

>As an outsider/lurker to apache projects for a couple of years, I am
>astounded by the community that can be created by a project like
>Turbine, but equally astounded by the lack of communication between the
>camps.  If you were listening over on new-httpd, they are still hashing
>out the bug database thing, when nagoya is set up and running already.
>I would hope that problems common to all communities could be solved and
>implemented by all communities ;-)  But that is just me, and I could be
>wrong.

Naah your not wrong but hopefully we are on the road to fixing it. GUMP is
one part of the puzzle, CJAN is another, revive jyve and we have another -
the few remaining parts will slowly come into place after that I hope.
Anyways I think Sam declared that as part of his mission as PMC head guy so
hopefully more stuff will be going to help this ;)

Cheers,

Pete