As I'm starting to build individual Commons packages, having to maintain
individual build.properties files is sorta tiresome -- yet, I might want
to have properties that are unique to my "jakarta-commons" environment
that are different from my user properties.

What would you think of the following convention for Commons package
build.xml files?

  <property file="${basedir}/build.properties">
  <property file="${basedir}/../build.proeprties">
  <property file="${user.home}/build.properties">

so that we can put a single "build.properties" file our
$JAKARTA_HOME/jakarta-commons directory, and list all the cross references
just once?

Craig