Vincent Massol wrote:

> [...]

I have to admit I don't feel very sorry for you.  Switch to something
else.  Anything else.  Even Mac OSX supposedly has a decent JVM now.  :)

However, I agree with you as 'build.properties' makes its purpose pretty
clear.  '.ant.properties' would be confusing for someone new to this
stuff.

and yes, we shouldn't make it hard for a large portion of the user
base.

> 2) The name is really too unix centric for my taste

Hm.  That 8.3 stuff still plagues you guys?  I guess you would want

C:\BUILD.PRP

:D

> 3) Why hide this file ? You will tend to forget the existence of the file
> under unix, even more if you have 3 : one in your home, one in JAKARTA_HOME
> and one in your project.

+1, but I assumed that your Unix sympathies would be like my windows
sympathies. ;->

> Vincent.

geir

--
Geir Magnusson Jr.                               [EMAIL PROTECTED]