Everytime I call the doGet() method of my servlet I get a
NullPointerException - it seems that the servlet has no context (i.e. no
ServletConfig), and the call to getServletContext() fails.

As my code relies on the following line, this is a problem:
getServletContext().getRequestDispatcher(jspURL).forward(request, response);

Is there a workaround or, as is quite possible, am I just being immensely
stupid?

The test code:
public void beginDoGet(ServletTestRequest theRequest) throws Exception
{
         theRequest.setMethod(ServletTestRequest.GET_METHOD);
         theRequest.setURL("http://pc_ojcheesman:8080", "/sinfo",
"/CentralLoggingServlet", "", testQueryString);
}

public void testDoGet() throws Exception
{
         CentralLoggingServlet servlet = new CentralLoggingServlet();
         servlet.doGet(request, response);
}

public void endDoGet(HttpURLConnection theConnection) throws Exception
{
         assertEquals("<html><body>Error msg received:" + testQueryString +
"</body></html>",
                      AssertUtils.getResponseAsString(theConnection));
}

(The servlet works fine if called normally via a browser)

Jim

--

                           *   Jim Cheesman   *
             Trabajo: [EMAIL PROTECTED] - (34)(91) 724 9200 x 2360