James Strachan [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]

> From: "Geir Magnusson Jr." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
> > I understand how it's not appropriate for XML-Apache.  I
> assume that it's
> > general purpose, and you just find it very useful for JSP...
>
> Yes. There may be other uses outside of JSP too. Maybe one
> day Anakia or
> Velocity might find it useful. We'll have to wait and see really.

Maybe - I'll take a look.  Velocity already offers you the ability to access
any methods on an object in the context, not just constrain to property
get/set.  You can call

$foobar.getWoogie().woogieMethod( "string", true, $another.name )

However, might be interesting to offer as a 'normalization' of method
access - something portable between the various templating solutions.

Could be interesting...

> > > I'd also like to call a vote to add Dmitri as a committer on
> > > jakarta-commons-sandbox, as he's not currently a Jakarta
> > > committer. (Am I
> > > following the correct protocol here?).
> >
> > I am not sure of the definition of correct protocol either,
> but would
> assume
> > that since he (and others?) wrote it, documented it, is
> apparently willing
> > to support it, and on top of that put up with us, sounds
> good.  I assume
> > that you will join him as a committer ?
>
> Yes. I'll be helping out wherever I can, both as a user and
> contributor.

Just wanted to ensure he wasn't the only committer on the project - having
an existing jakarta committer is good (required even?)

geir