At 04:22  6/5/01 -0700, Craig R. McClanahan wrote:
>On Mon, 7 May 2001, Peter Donald wrote:
>> At 04:15  6/5/01 +0100, Vincent Massol wrote:
>> >Can someone who knows CVS remove permanently the 'j2eeunit' and 'cactus'
>> >directories in the jakarta-commons-sandbox ? I hate to see these empty
>> >directories whenever I update or browse the repository ... It also
leads to
>> >confusion I think.
>>
>> cvs update -P
>>
>> will prune empty directories ;)
>>

>That's true on the client side, but the server still has to scan all the
>dead directories if they exist in the repository.  Try an update on
>jakarta-commons-sandbox now ... you'll definitely notice the difference.

Only if you do a full update. Usually you really only want to "check
missing directories that exist in repository" if you are downloading a new
component. If you don't use this option then it doesn't do the scan -
unless I am missing something ;)

BTW don't consider this a -1 - I was just pointing out that this can be got
around ;)

Cheers,

Pete