Geir Magnusson wrote:

> I am very pro XML myself.  I think think that since the API takes care
> of all details though, putting everything behind a Repository class, it
> could be implemented via gerbils...

I'd like to see an instance proof of that myself.

Smart data structures and dumb code works a lot better than the other way
around.[1]

Fred Brooks, the Mythical Man Month, as quoted by Eric Raymond [1]:

   Brooks, Chapter 9: ``Show me your [code] and conceal your [data
   structures], and I shall continue to be mystified. Show me your [data
   structures], and I won't usually need your [code]; it'll be obvious.''

- Sam Ruby

[1]
http://www.tuxedo.org/~esr/writings/cathedral-bazaar/cathedral-bazaar/x188.html