James Strachan wrote:

> From: "Geir Magnusson Jr." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
> > I have to admit it was a lot of fun, and I hope I got it
> > right.  I have never had SAX before.  Always would reach for JDOM when I
> > needed it.
>
> You should try dom4j instead, its much better and has integrated XPath
> support too!
>
> http://dom4j.org
> http://dom4j.org/compare.html
>
> But then I'm totally biased, being the primary developer and all... :-)

This looks really great.  I will certainly play with it.

I didn't read the bottom of this post, where you fessed up to this
shameless huckstering :)  and was wondering who the author was - didn't
find it until I was looking in the Javadoc.  It looks really nice - you
should add a who-we-are section on your site.

Also, it would be nicer if the release tgz had everything down one
directory, in a dom4j-0.2 directory, rather than they way it is.  For
some reason, I did a tzf before zxf, and was glad I did.

It is possible to cut it down in size to a limited subset, or does the
design preclude this?  The dom4j.jar is 340K.  I am not sure why this
idea of small XML support is so fascinating to me these days, but it
is...

geir

--
Geir Magnusson Jr.                           [EMAIL PROTECTED]
System and Software Consulting