I have discovered this week a new strategy for unit testing code : it's
called Mock Objects. It enables unit test of all kinds : standard java code,
servlet, EJBs, ... The strategy is differrent from the we use in Cactus
(that I have named "In-Container testing"). Thus, I have written an article
explaining both strategies and the pros and cons of each.

It is available on the Cactus web site at :
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/cactus/mockobjects.html

I would very much like to have your opinion on that subject. If I receive a
lot of positive answers, it might mean that we'll change the way Cactus work
in order to do it the Mock Object way. As this is a big change, I'd like to
have your opinion on that.

I guess Struts users should be very interested in it as it could provide
very efficient way of unit testing struts code (The benefits are actually
the same of any Jakarta framework users).

I'm very excited about this ... Please tell me quickly what you think !

Thanks for your time.

Vincent Massol