----- Original Message -----
From: "Jari Worsley" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, June 22, 2001 11:05 AM
Subject: Re: Cactus Help!!!!

> Cédric Chabanois wrote:
> >
> > I use Cactus, Jbuilder4 Foundation and Tomcat without problem.
> >
> > My cactus.properties file contains
> > cactus.servletRedirectorURL =
> > http://localhost:8080/nsjservlet/ServletRedirector
> >

> There are some hardcoded links to paths in the TestCases that test
> cactus itself. The one that bit me the other day was a reference to
> "/test/test.jsp", so if you deviate from the suggested layout of the
> sample application, and use say "/cactus" as a directory with "test.jsp"
> and "redirector.jsp" in it then certain tests will fail.

how come ? Normally the test do not depend on anything external. The tests
that use "/test/test.jsp" use the setURL() method from ServletTestRequest
which is independent of the real setup. Could you point out the tests that
failed so that we can make it independent of configuration ?

> Have you solved your problem yet?
>
> Also, something that foxed me for a while, don't forget that there may
> be differences between the classpath that you servlet engine sees (owing
> to picking up say a /WEB-INF/lib directory full of jar files), and the
> CLASSPATH setting of your machine that junit uses when running. Not sure
> if that's just me being stupid, ;) or if others get the same problems..

Yes, there are different classloaders involved and these are 2 different
applications running under 2 different JVMs

> Jari
Vincent