>have you looked at texen (see http://jakarta.apache.org/velocity/texen)?
>for source generation from xml, velocity is *much* better than XSLT
>stylesheets.
>
>turbine has been using this approach to generate the kind of stuff that
>you're proposing for quite some time now (see
>http://jakarta.apache.org/turbine/howto/torque-howto.html).

I've just had a brief look at the above pages and browsed through the
examples.

Being one of the authors of the original proposal it seems to me that
these indeed do implement most (if not all) of what Nick and myself
have done so far and of course go beyond in some aspects.

There are some differences in emphasis but that's probably always the
case ;)

Thanks for the pointer - I will have a closer look soon.

Best,
Michael
--
 Vote against SPAM - see http://www.politik-digital.de/spam/
 Michael Gerdau       email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]