On 7/25/01 5:22 PM, "robert burrell donkin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Wednesday, July 25, 2001, at 09:43 PM, Daniel Rall wrote:
>
>> robert burrell donkin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>>
>>> is jakarta-turbine-torque going to have it's own mailing list?
>>
>> Currently, all traffic is part of the Turbine lists.  However, you
>> might mail [EMAIL PROTECTED] and suggest that.
>>

> if there's enough interest in source generation (along the proposed lines)
> from non-turbiner's then it might be a good idea. anybody interested?

Torque does in fact use texen as the basis for source generating Ant
tasks, but Torque is moving toward being a persistence layer. Torque
is commonly known among turbine developers as a generative tool, but
that's just texen. Only the database specific tasks have been moved
into the Torque repository.

If you wanted for example to take an XML document and produce a
corresponding bean and even digester rules for processing I would
say that's a different project. It could be something that torque
utilizes because right now torque doesn't use the digester for
turning the database model into a java object it uses straight
SAX. I would like to use the digester, so if you started a project
for generating beans/digester rules from XML documents I would also
be very interested.

--

jvz.

Jason van Zyl