I also have issues with writing additional logging
interfaces.  To me, it seems only natural that
Commons, a project oriented toward component
development, adhere to an integrated logging strategy.
 Particularly in an HTTP client, where lots of
different things can go wrong, easily configurable
debugging is a real plus.

Log4j debugging helped Rod, Doug and I immensely in
fixing some of the problems in httpclient, but we
always have to rip it out again before we commit to
the repository.  It would be great if we could benefit
from each others' debugging efforts.

- Morgan

http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs/jakarta-struts/contrib/validator/src/share/com/w
> > intecinc/struts/validation/
> >
> > David
> >
> > --- "Waldhoff, Rodney"
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> >> client shouldn't
> >>
> >> Not that such a vote is particularly meaningful
> here
> >> (at least as I
> >> understand it), but I counted at least three +1s
> for
> >> the log4j support.

> your
> >> latest patch ?)
> >>
> >> If I must.  What I'd really like to do is replace
> >> with some lightweight
> >> (pluggable?) logging mechanism that is agreeable
> >> everyone and supports
> >> log4j (and potentially other logging mechanisms
> as
> >> well).  I think that
> >> would meet everyone's needs as I understand them.
> >> Failing that I guess we
> >> either rip out logging entirely or go back to
> >> stdout/stderr logging except
> >> provide a built-in way to turn it on and off via
> >> property setting.

> > Make international calls for as low as $.04/minute
> with Yahoo! Messenger
> > http://phonecard.yahoo.com/
>
> --
>
> jvz.