Hi all,

I've committed a proposal for a Logging package to the
jakarta-commons/logging.  Please review it, if you
can.  I've repackaged the code, which was originally
inside httpclient but seemed to warrant its own
component.  Please make any suggestions you like on
the proposal and scope before we call a formal vote.

http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs/~checkout~/jakarta-commons/logging/PROPOSAL.html?rev=1.1&content-type=text/html

The main idea is to have a thin logging facade that we
can use for the Commons components.  It's important to
note that this is NOT a proposal for a logging tool;
the idea is that you plug in the logger of your choice
at runtime via these methods.  Hopefully this will
alleviate some concerns wrt. the different logging
implementations available now and in the future.

I'm thinking that this library is mainly targeted
toward use within Commons projects, although I don't
see why end-users could not utilize the library
directly if they want to keep their logging options
open.

- Morgan

=====
Morgan Delagrange