on 8/24/01 1:03 PM, "Craig R. McClanahan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> As for whether commons-util should have their own copy, that seems a
> tougher call (although I note that "no dependencies" was part of the
> original intent).  Are there really that many use cases where commons-util
> would be included and commons-collections would not?
>
> Craig

Craig brings up a really going point...how about if we think about this the
way that Sun thinks about it with the JDK (god, I can't believe I'm saying
this)...

The JDK has the java.util package. Within it are Collections classes as well
as a bunch of other stuff that isn't necessarily related to Collections.
What if we combine commons-util with commons-collections just like Sun does?

-jon