----- Original Message -----
From: "Rodney Waldhoff" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Saturday, August 25, 2001 3:23 PM
Subject: RE: [httpclient] bug in HttpClient.parseHeaders()

> >The parseHeaders() does not support multiple headers with the same name
(it
> >is using an hashtable). However, according to the spec. it is allowed to
> >have several "set-cookie" headers :
>
> And not just "set-cookie".  Per HTTP/1.0 and HTTP/1.1 specs, headers like:
>
> Name: Value-A
> Name: Value-B
>
> should be equivalent to:
>
> Name: Value-A, Value-B
>
> There are several other cookie-related bugs in the main branch of
> HTTPClient. (You know, the one that's ready for a 1.0 release.) Many of
> these are fixed in the rlw-refactoring branch, but I'm not quite ready to
> merge that back in yet.

Well, it's funny ... I am moving away from HttpURLConnection because it is
buggy ... to find that HttpClient has even more obvious bugs ... :-)
Hopefully it's open source and we can easily correct them ...

I have used the main branch to make my changes locally on my computer. Are
there changes that I should be aware of in the rlw-refactoring branch ?

Also, I'm not sure what is the status of HttpClient now. Have we agreed that
we were doing a 1.0 release before making any change ? Has it been done yet
? If not, what is the scheduled date and who is doing it ?

Thanks
-Vincent