I never did get on with thunderbird, windows live mail is very good in my opinion, it takes a bit of setting up but certainly works well for me

Graham

-----Original Message----- From: Michelle McQuigge
Sent: Saturday, August 25, 2012 18:41
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: [JAWS-Users] Jaws and Thunderbird - am I missing something?

Hi all,

After my recent conversion to Windows 7, I found myself underwhelmed
with Outlook 2010 and decided to make the switch to Thunderbird. Since
every blind person and their brother seemed to be using it, I thought
I'd find it fairly seamless when it comes to accessibility. So far that
has not been the case. I can make use of it reasonably well, in fact I'm
composing this message in it as we speak, but I find the program a lot
less intuitive and a little more sluggish with Jaws than previous
incarnations of Outlook were. Replying to messages is a trial, since
Jaws won't always read me the message I'm typing and will focus on
details like "variable width" instead. If I press enter to open a
message, there's a good 10-second lag before I can actually start
reading it. This program is eliminated if I view the message using f6
instead of enter, but that really isn't my preference. The list goes on.

Is this just a case of me needing to adjust my expectations, suck it up
and adapt to an unfamiliar program with less convenient hot keys, or is
there some Jaws-related magic bullet I'm overlooking? Is there a script
that one should download for optimal results? A setting or two I should
tweak? Any and all advice welcome.

Best,
Michelle

P.S. If there is a way to redefine the function of certain hot keys, I'd
be beyond happy if someone could enlighten me. :)