User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "EJB 3.0 tutorial build with Maven
cannot start JBoss":

http://community.jboss.org/message/527405#527405

Author  : jaikiran pai
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/jaikiran

Message:
> tothc wrote:
>
>  Can it happen that those spaces cause the problems? My JDK is in the Program
> Files folder and it appears in two places in this command.

Yes, installing Java or JBoss in a folder containing a space in its path can
cause problems. It's always recommended to install Java and JBoss in folders
which do not have space in their path name. You can just "move" your existing
JDK installation to some other folder (ex: C:\Java\jdk1.6.0_18) and then set
JAVA_HOME appropriately to point to this new location.

Also, before running the tutorials, just make sure that you JBoss installation
boots fine outside of the tutorials. So just start it once:

JBOSS_HOME/bin/run.bat -c all

You can see the logs on the console as well as
JBOSS_HOME/server/[servername]/log/server.log (and boot.log).