Hi All !

I have a problem

We have an application that uses JBoss Portal ver.2.4.
We need to enter text via a form and then show this text on the page.
The problem is that we need users to input characters in French, German etc. -
not only standard Latin symbols.
So... when we submit the form via web 2.0 (ajax, prototype library) -
everything works OK.
The special western european characters are sent to the server correctly and
are shown correctly on the page.
BUT! When we send the form via a simple submit button with complete page
reloading, the  special characters are lost...

the following approaches has been tried but they don't work :
1.  <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8"/>
2.  <% response.setHeader("Content-Type", "text/html;charset=UTF-8"); %>
3. accept-charset="UTF-8" on the form

Can anyone help me solve this problem?
How to deal with simple web1.0 forms?
Any help is appreciated.