[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> > > Wouldn't it be cleaner just to change line 110 from
> > > (if (which "wget")
> > > (if (executable-find "wget")
> > >
> > > executable-find has the advantage of being in the standard emacs
> > > distribution (Emacs 20.7), so there's no need to bundle anything further
> > > with the JDE or to define any new functions.  I don't know if it's
> > > included in earlier versions of Emacs or in XEmacs, but the file does
> > > look like it's been in there for a few years.
> >
> > I'm running XEmacs 21.1.14 and it appears it doesn't have
> > executable-find. So I guess we still need which.el...
>
> Yes and No. Yes because JDE needs it's own function (cause of the lack of
> XEmacs not to have executable-find) and No because we don't need which.el. I
> have mailed yesterday with Paul and have sent him a function jde-find-exec
> which he has included in the cvs-sources. So we don't have a further
> dependency to another package for such a small utility-function!
>
> Klaus

Also, executable-find is *not* in the standard Emacs (20.7) distribution.  I
don't know what the original poster might have been thinking of.

The latest version of jde-help.el uses jde-find-exec.

The definition of jde-find-exec is now included in jde.el, so anyone who
downloads jde-help also needs to get the other file.

--
Jim Davidson
jdavidson @ acm.org