Hey Jeff,

I think it is ok to introduce it. Sounds like it would add value.
There should be a switch to at least disable failing the build because of
findsecbugs.

Despite the potential problems with introducing it, I am +1 on it since it
will definitely help the development of new plugins.

Like you said spotbugs has actually helped find a ton of bugs, I even find
myself getting annoyed when the relevant annotation was missing that could
potentially avoid a bug.
If this tool can help us avoid security issues the same way spotbugs helps
with bugs that would be awesome.

Cheers,
Raihaan