On Sat, Apr 5, 2008 at 7:16 AM, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Thank Jae, Sebb, David for your response.
> Jae/David, I am using only single JMeter instance (no master/slave
> style) to run this 10 user test.
> Sebb, I agree, I have one text response assertions, which I don't think
> should affect transaction response-time. It should calculate the
> response-time from the time it has got the response from server and
> should not include response assertion duration in the transaction time.
> And, delay in transaction submission is expected in this case (causing
> tps to bring down).
> Sebb, can you please explain how the connection handling is different in
> AB & Jmeter?
> Few more details:
> No synchronizing of users in JMeter for concurrency (it is simultaneous
> user-load scenario).
> Data sent over are of same size in both; in fact it is xml payload for
> web-service which is common.
>
> Warm regards,
> Kaushal Kishore

JMeter has a good HTTP stack, whereas AB does not.

If you need to learn a real web server processing delay (subtract from it
your network delay, which is
normally constant, unless the network is congested), you need to test it
using a client with a
HTTP stack.

Ether find a way to fine tune JMeter for that this purpose, or you may try
curl-loader,
which several people are claiming was good for that.

Be cautions and measure (e.g. by ping), that you have constant RTT, and no
network
congestion issues at your load scenario.

--
Sincerely,
Robert Iakobashvili