Good day,

I have a question on how the RegEx Post Processor work.

I have a JSF application under test. I followed the article in the Wiki about
how to setup tests for JSF applications. I am having problems with the
viewState variable discussed in the article.

I looked at the Debug Sampler and it was able to get it(viewState variable) but
something was weird because the sampler that uses that viewState variable keeps
on failing. When I look at the request data for the sampler that will use the
viewState variable, the viewState variable looks like this.:

javax.faces.ViewState=%24%7BjsfViewState%7D+

Which is totally wrong. But I did look at the Debug Sampler placed directly
above it and it got what I would expect.

Could ayone knowledgeable explain what or why this is happening?

I exactly followed the regex given in the Wiki.

Thanks and best regards,

Mark Stephen Florencio.