Hi
Im not sure I understand what you are saying, let me try to restate.
Lets call the threads Thread1 ... Thread 10 and let say each thread is
executing a request such that Thread 1 will take 1 second, thread will take
2 seconds, thread 10 will take 10 seconds.
After this assume your synchronizing timer(5 threads) comes in scope. After
1 second the first thread will wait here it wont be allowed to go ahead and
execute the next request. After 2 second the second thread will join and
wait here. After 5 seconds there will be 5 threads waiting and they will be
released and all will go and execute the next request. Similarly between
seconds 6 to 10 , the threads will block and then get released at one go on
the tenth second.

However now consider that all 10 threads take exactly 1 second each on the
first request. Then you will perceive it as 10 threads at the same even
though it is two bursts of five (because all threads arrive at the same time
and will be released at almost the same time).
Try a test like
Thread Group (10 )
   Simple Controller1
     request 1
     gaussian random timer (10000 deviation and constant)
 Simple Controller 2
     request 2
     Synchronizing timer (5 )

Then you should see in view results tree two bursts of 5 for request2 (some
request 1 may be interleaved)

Because of the randomness of request1 you will see the synchronizing timer
blocking the threads till 5 are available.

>One more question is if my total no of threads is equal to 10 and threads
in synchronizing timer is 50 script will run
This will never work. The number can only be less than or equal to the total
threads.

regards
deepak