Colin wrote:

"You are right. But peodohilia is not an unhealthy 'sexaul outlet'. It is
about
power and shame and fear and guilt, not sex.:

Colin, I don't claim to have nearly the insight into this subject that you do,
unfortunately, but it seems to me that pedophilia is ALL of the above: power,
and shame, and guilt, and fear, all brought together in the guise of an
unhealthy, and horrific, sexual act.

At any rate, let's hope that the Roman Catholic Church finally gets its act
together on this issue, even if it means that ordinary parishioners simply
refuse to further support "business as usual" with their church attendance,
volunteered time, and financial contributions, until they see firm evidence of
a change.

Mary.