Colin wrote, in response to a post of mine:

"> Colin, I don't claim to have nearly the insight into this subject that you
do,
> unfortunately,

I would say forunately!"

Colin, I meant, unfortunately for you.  What you experienced should never be
visited upon *anyone.*

And about Catholics questioning the very meaning-giving structure of their
church:  I'm sure many will decline to do so, but I see many others here in my
home city and in the U.S. doing just that.  This moment may prove to be a sea
change of the U.S. Catholic Church, or even for the Catholic Church in
general.

And that may prove to be the only silver lining that can possibly be found in
this scandal. . . even though it can never be enough, and can never restore
what has been so cruelly and arrogantly taken away.

Mary.