Interestingly enough, I ran across a People magazine review of her CD a few
months ago. Their assessment was "Bottom line: She's no Joni Mitchell".
Couldn't have said it better myself.

I also happened to stumble across Michelle Branch on a radio show a while
back when I guess she was out promoting her CD.  I flipped on the show right
in the middle of her performing an acoustic version of that song
"Everywhere" I think it's called.  This was one of those goofy type morning
radio shows, and I honestly thought it was a gag song for the first 30
seconds or so.  Then I realized it was a for real singer. Amazing what a
little production can do.

Sybil