I'm finding that it is in difficult times that one can find the most
strength.  Anne, you never cease to be a huge inspiration to me.  I was
practicing songs for the upcoming show and remember this song that I played
for Anne under a streetlight two years ago.  I wrote it for a friend who
survived a serious accident and was in a coma for several months, but
almost completely recovered.  It stands out to me right now.  It is called
"Requiem".

Thanks for all of the good vibes that have been sent to me, both now and in
the past few weeks.

"We will get by,
We will get by,
We will get by,
We will survive."
                Robert Hunter "Touch of Grey"

Requiem

Shadows cry for the morning,
We build our fires at night.
Looking for salvation,
>From the unfriendly hands of fate.
Our eyes dance with the flaming tongues,
As we sit so still.
And we long to shine so brilliantly,
For a moment, for a day.

Ah...........(chanting in Indian fashion)

Sometimes we make it to the other side,
We write our own passion play.
But the ending is not always clear,
And the journey goes ever on.
Sad eyes sleeping in a quiet place,
Underneath a darker sun.
Waiting for a miracle,
A chance to live again.

Ah..........

A thousand memories stir your waking voice,
Once you came upon a million suns.
And you learned to speak in ancient tongues,
But found a language all your own.
Still the mystery moves you gently,
Of how this life came to be.
The dusk it solemnly approaches,