In a message dated 4/23/02 10:57:33 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> speaking of leonard cohen, his son adam cohen is performing in santa barbara
> saturday night...has anyone heard him? of course i will give you all a
> report!

Yes I've heard of him from the Leonard Cohen files site:
Even though Adam's music is unlike Leonard's, his looks are the spitting
image of his father's. His debut CD, titled "Adam Cohen," is scheduled for
release in the middle of June. Adam says his father has always been a big
source of inspiration - ever since he was 5 years old and they sat at the
kitchen table making songs together.
Adam was drinking Farris water and taking quick looks out of the hotel window
as he described the great respect he has for Leonard Cohen; respect for him
both as a father and as an artist. He is very proud to be Leonard's son. Adam
says that the best way he can thank his father is to succeed in putting his
own soul and identity into his music. The lyrics for his songs are very
important, he explains, because he wants to tell universal stories through
his own eyes as they have penetrated his soul.Adam was born in Montreal, but
now lives in Los Angeles. He had a rootless period following the separation
of his parents. He has written 60 songs. Before selecting the ones to be
included on his debut album, he asked for assistance from other songwriters.
Two of them are Phil Roy and Tonio K, who are now credited as co-writers.
They were helpful indistilling the songs into the versions appearing on the
CD. Adam is very satisfied with the result, as is the producer, Steve
Lindsey. Adam exuberantly describes that everyone he asked to assist him came
through. One person that Adam didn't ask help from was his father. But, Adam
says Leonard participated in developing the album all the same. "I asked for
his advice as we went along, and played demos for him. He rarely needed to
say anything, because his facial expression usually told me what he thought.
It seemed that he especially liked the fact that I had found my own personal
voice."

rose