Julius wrote:

> Newly unearthed footage of Jimi performing "Voodoo Chile" and "Hey Joe"
> on the Lulu Show on BBC televison in 1969.  You may remember Lulu from her
> heart wrenching ballad "To Sir With Love," theme song to the movie of the
> same name?  She had gotten her own variety-type show on BBC with her
> new-found popularity and the Jimi Hendrix Experience had guested.  Jimi
> was supposed to do a duet with Lulu for their final song, but instead he
> defiantly launched into a Cream song ("Sunshine of Your Love"), as a
> tribute to the recently dissolved band.  The BBC banned him for life for
the
> stunt, Roby said.

Fans of Lulu will also remember her recent appearances (as herself) on
Absolutely Fabulous!  Just thought I'd throw that in.....

Then Mark wrote:

> I was watching a program about Dusty Springfield this past weekend and I
> could swear there was a snippet of footage of Jimi singing with Dusty.  I
> think the song might have been 'Mockingbird'.  Julius, do you or does
anyone
> else know if Jimi ever appeared on television duetting with Dusty?

I've got a documentary about Dusty on video and this is what she says about
her own show (similar to Lulu's show):

I did two years or three years with the BBC, and one with ITV, I think, and
they were fairly hectic.  Because I can't see cue cards, and besides I don't
think anyone HAD cue cards.  They certainly didn't have auto-prompters.  So
I had to learn it all, and I spent half of the time - you know, the dinner
break, when I was supposed to be putting my make-up on - running up and down
to the sound booth trying to get them to accept things like Jimi Hendrix's
volume.  They were just kind of ashen-faced when I went up there you know,
everything had gone - the meters had totally gone..... "That's the way it's
SUPPOSED to sound!"

Then they show a clip of Jimi singing with Dusty, subtitled - "Hendrix and
Dusty - only known existing footage".  And it was indeed Mockingbird!

Hell
"To have great poets, there must be
great audiences too." - Walt Whitman

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Hell's Personal Photo Page:
http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~hell/main/personal.htm

Visit the NBLs (Natural Born Losers) at:
http://www.nbls.co.nz