Lori in MD wrote:

> >From http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A44390-2002Apr24.html:
>
> VATICAN CITY, April 24 -- After two days of private meetings with Pope John Paul II,
>leaders of the U.S. Roman Catholic church called for changes in church law to speed
>the removal of priests who molest children, but stopped short of urging a blanket
>"one strike you're out" policy.
>
> In a communique, the 12 American cardinals and three senior U.S. clergymen who
>gathered here proposed expedited procedures to defrock any priest who "has become
>notorious and is guilty of the serial, predatory, sexual abuse of minors." In less
>egregious cases, church leaders told reporters, a bishop would have discretion to
>seek a quickened expulsion if he felt there was a future threat to minors.
>
> I can't say I'm surprised, but ... Goddamn it.

It is appalling. Shows past victims they don't matter and shows future victims they
don't care. As usual, children are not considered important enough and the interests
of adults are once again put ahead of them. Not even the Church values children.
What respect can the RC Church expect? None.
The most sickening thing is they are supposed to represent God. Certainly not the God
I believe in.
They couldn't be furhter away from God if they tried.