[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

>Regarding the "is Joni's older work more melodic" discussion, imho, the
>breakup with LK and the joys/sorrows of reuniting with Kilauren have knocked
>the wind out of her sails.  I do not think she has yet recovered.

Except that what I consider to be her older work is pre-Mingus, before even
meeting Larry Klein or finding her daughter.

>She has given a lot more than most in
>this world.

I agree. Which is why I have always been careful to stress (sometimes in
these exact words), that no perceived failing in Joni's later work could ever
diminish the magnitude of her achievement ... nothing can take that away from
her.

-Fred