<<I have a question regarding the picture on the cover of STAS. This has been

driving me crazy for years! Does anyone know when and where this picture was
taken? And what is she holding in her arms?  It almost looks like a teddy
bear.  And could those be maternity clothes?>>

Hi Mia, and a belated welcome to you!! The photographer, Mark Roth, was
interviewed by Wally Breese in 1997. I read the interview a long time ago, so
I don't recall if he answered these questions specifically, but it's a great
read, I DO remember that:

http://www.jonimitchell.com/Roth98.html

Hopefully this won't discourage the thread/discussion, but rather help to
flesh it out a bit.

Also, I wanted to say that your comment about The Priest in reference to her
marriage to Chuck was very astute. I never thought about that but it
certainly works.

Now that you've used your voice here, keep it up!

Bob

NP: Cornelius, "Bird Watching at Inner Forest"

PS: As synchronicity would have it, I have a box of very cool stuff heading
your way this very day! ;~)