I just finished typing an interesting article about Joni, which Les will add to the
JMDL Library soon. This 1990 piece is titled, "On Being A Flatlander," and here's an
excerpt which fans of Paprika Plains should find interesting (I did, anyway):
__________

Similarly, she recalls a Winnepeg coffeehouse during which the audience cleared out in
mid-performance when the skies exploded in a cloudburst. The plains, she laughs.
The only place where Ive been upstaged by the rain. But I understand. When you are
of the prairies, you know that theres something very natural about that.

Lori
in MD

npimh:

"Back in my hometown