This afternoon, riding the Amtrak Pacific Surfliner from San Diego, I was
befriended by a younger man with a bottle of wine and a CD player.  His CD
player had one of those outlets allowing two people to listen to the same CD.
 After some charitable conversation, we both took off our individual
earphones so he could play me a CD a friend of his burned earlier.

A song came on he claimed was the "coolest" Buffalo Springfield song he had
heard. I told him it was actually a song by the Monkees.  I can't recall the
name of this "gem," but it did take me back to 4th grade fandom and Bobby
Wright's bedroom in 1967ish.  The chorus had a line like, "shades of gray,"
sung very interestingly.  I listened again, and realized the song, standing
by itself, untarnished by the knowledge the original boy band morphed it,
wasn't that bad.  BS?  Naw, but sure made me listen to the junk music I've
since written off a little bit differently.

By the way, on this same voyage, I reaffirmed my love for the Pure Prairie
League.  Lordy, it's been a while since I listened to them!  What's you gonna
do?

Happy weekend to all ---

No regrets,

Coyote Rick
Casa Alegre
Hollywood, California

"Only fools are afraid to be burned by fire..."