From: "michael veit" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "JRun-Talk" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, April 10, 2002 8:22 AM
Subject: RE: Difficult To Reproduce Session Issue

> If this is the case, why did JRun tech support tell me to go to build
16777 and apply the patch , which did not work for me? was it because 16777
+ the patch = build 26414?

>   Eric Anderson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: JRunners,
>
> Larry asked me to post his message to the list because he was having
problems sending mail to houseoffusion. Here is an update on the current
status of the JRun 3.1 session swapping problem reported to the list a
couple weeks ago.

> Eric
>
> Eric Anderson
> Senior Engineer
> JRun Product Support
>
> _______________________________________
>

> Last week, a number of postings were made to JRun talk tied to the
integrity of JRun session data. Here is the current status:

> Macromedia Support is offering to provide direct assistance to customers
experiencing this symptom. Revisiting the problem reported on jrun-talk in
the October 2001 timeframe, we are unable to find any evidence that the
hotfix provided at that time is not complete. If you are having a problem
with sessions swapping it is important that you use JRun 3.1 build 26414. No
JRun 3.1 build 26414 defect related to swapping sessions is known at this
time.

> It is worth noting that in revisiting this symptom, a defect associated
with the unexpected creation of a new session object has been found, and
this can produce symptoms that can be mistaken for the previous session
swapping problem. This bug causes new sessions to be created when a http
request is made to the JWS with a URL that has no file specified. For
example, a request to http://www.mysite.com/myapp will generate a new
session ID for each request. This problem is ONLY seen when using the JWS,
no defect is seen when using a native connector (for IIS, iPlanet, NES,
Apache, or Zeus). This bug is currently in the JRun Escalation process and a
patch for it is expected soon. Please note that the JWS is not recommended
for production use. A patch for this problem will be produced and
> announced on jrun-talk.
>
> If you have any questions or believe that you have an issue with session
management data integrity, please contact me at (617) 219-2261 or
[EMAIL PROTECTED] A Product Support Engineer will be assigned to
research your issue.