Setting to meta-tags at the top of the JSP Page may help. Try one of these

    <META HTTP-EQUIV="Pragma" CONTENT="no-cache">
    <META HTTP-EQUIV="Expires" CONTENT="Mon, 23 Sep 1996 01:21:00 GMT">

Dean

[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Chris Kelly
Sent: Thursday, August 17, 2000 7:38 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: forcing browser refresh from JSP/servlet

It's slightly obscure but my problem is as follows:-

I have a JSP page which allows the browser to submit a query to the server
and populates the page returned with values retrieved from a javabean.

This works fine but as well as refreshing the page after a request I also
want to refresh the browser every time the javabean's properties change.
These properties can change at any time so I need a way that the server can
force the browser to refresh but using meta tags in the JSP page is no good
since I don't have any advanced warning of when the bean properties will
change.

As I understand it

1.      an applet can refresh a page in a browser
2.      a servlet can call a method of an applet using HTTP
3.      a servlet can pass a request to a JSP page

so I would seem to need some kind of servlet/JSP to applet communication.
The applet doesn't need to do anything except force the JSP page to refresh.

Can anyone give me some pointers? Any samples would be particularly useful.

Thanks in advance

Chris