Hi all,

I am working on introducing storage as a first-class primitive in Juju.
Charms will be able to indicate that they require storage (block devices,
filesystems...), and when you deploy that charm you will be able to specify
some parameters in order to fulfil the storage requirement.

One thing I'd like to do is provide users a means of assigning ephemeral
disks to units. The AMIs we use on AWS currently auto-mount the first
ephemeral disk (if there is one) at /mnt. I think Azure does something
similar; not sure about other providers.

Are you relying on /mnt being there? If so, would it cause you a headache
if this were taken away, by performing a "umount /mnt" after booting? (Bear
in mind you can still mount it afterwards if you want to).

Cheers,
Andrew