I was trying to manually specify the range for a plot containing multiple
subplots in Gadfly. The range of the values on the x axis is [0, 1] yet the
plot goes from [-0.5, 1] effectively wasting 1/3 of the space. When I try
to specify the range using
Coord.cartesian(xmin=0)

I get an error telling me that the plot uses multiple coordinates. The plot
call looks like this:
plot( d, x=:x, y=:y, color=:group, xgroup=:dist, Geom.subplot_grid(Geom.
point), Coord.cartesian(xmin=0), Guide.XLabel("..."), Guide.YLabel("..."),
Theme(background_color=color("white")))

Is there a way to specify xmin and xmax in subplot_grid or is that simply
not yet supported?