>If you change only the little piece of code you have to patch,
>without touching or reformatting the whole code, how does it matter how you
format
>that little piece???

Paolo hit the nail on the head with this comment.  No matter what you decide
to use as coding standards, there has been a precedent set by the original
JUMP code that cannot be ignored.  You can waste as much time as you want
talking about it (and this is not the first time we've talked about it), but
unless you are going to rewrite the core, in the end,  it won't matter one
bit.

regards,

http://amusingprogrammer.blogspot.com/