On 24.11.2021 19:33, Giuseppe Aruta wrote:
Hi list,
my proposal is to do an upgrade of OpenJUMP 1.6 to solve several small but
annoying bugs that we discovered during these months.
Roberto Rossi from the University of Padua used OJ 1.6 for its courses during
September and plans to use it at least till the end of the courses (June 2022).
I still have some projects that I am working around but eventually planned to
move to OpenJUMP 2 possibly during the next year(*)
OpenJUMP 1.6 and its plugin are  working fine but there are still some bugs
that became evident during these months. Some were already solved in OpenJUMP 2.
This is a brief list:
a) shift of 0.5 to east and north (already solved in OJ 2)
b) wrong middle value in the raster layer legend (already solved in OJ 2)
c) wrong irregular  distribution of raster values in the style legend (not
affected in OJ 1.5 but present in OJ 1.6 and OJ 2)
d) The B/W default color distribution of rasters is inverted. See difference
between opening a monoband raster using SextanteRaster and Common Imaging (via
Open Layer). (present in OpenJUMP 1.5, 1.6 and 2)

I already made, with the help of Roberto Rossi, a modified version of OpenJUMP
free of these bugs.
If you agree I will upgrade the OJ 1.6 repository to have a new night build
thanks in advance
Peppe

(*) https://sourceforge.net/p/opensit/wiki/%5BWhiteBox%20Tools%20connector%5D/
<https://sourceforge.net/p/opensit/wiki/%5BWhiteBox%20Tools%20connector%5D/>
(**) https://sourceforge.net/p/opensit/wiki/Geo%20Arbores%20Raster%20Tools/
<https://sourceforge.net/p/opensit/wiki/Geo%20Arbores%20Raster%20Tools/>

hey Peppe,

no objections here. just please, when pushing the changes please try (if
possible at all) to separate commits bundling just one upgrade/fix. if you are
satisfied with the resulting snapshot i'm open to release it as a bugfix
version of the deprecated OJ1.6 line.

..ede