-Jukka Rahkonen-

Lähettäjä: Rahkonen Jukka (MML)
Lähetetty: maanantai 13. joulukuuta 2021 22.41
Vastaanottaja: jump-pilot-devel@lists.sourceforge.net
Aihe: Cursor hotspot location error with high resolution

Hi,

I hope the video is not too big as an attachment. With two different laptops
running Windows 10 it is impossible to digitize when the screen resolution is
the default 1920x1080. The pen icon is then rather big, with low resolution,
and the hotspot is not at the tooltip.  The tool icon is small and sharp and
usable when the resolution is 1280x1024, but my computer generally is not so
useful with that resolution.

I tried to read the source code and found
https://github.com/openjump-gis/openjump/blob/185dc45541774316bca1175650d8913a14a2b1be/src/com/vividsolutions/jump/workbench/ui/cursortool/editing/FeatureDrawingUtil.java#L240

@Override
public Cursor getCursor() {
if (Toolkit.getDefaultToolkit().getBestCursorSize(32, 32)

.equals(new Dimension(0, 0))) {

return Cursor.getDefaultCursor();
                                                    }
                                                    return
Toolkit.getDefaultToolkit().createCustomCursor(

IconLoader.icon("Pen.gif").getImage(),

new java.awt.Point(1, 31), drawFeatureTool.getName());

I wonder if the BestCursorSize makes something not so good when the screen
resolution is high.

-Jukka Rahkonen-