I'm hesitant to attempt to correct anyone with a "juniper.net" address, but I'm
not sure this is entirely true.  Discarded OSPF packets should show up as layer
3, not layer 2, so I don't believe policed discards counts in this situation.
It is correct that CDP/LLDP/VTP/etc. will show up as policed discards.

-evt