Hi!

The reason I wrote is, that we have a M7 with 256 MB DRAM. Yesterday I configured three iBGP sessions and one eBGP session. In total I got around 600000 routes from which 260000 were active. The receiving and advertising process was finished also the best path determination. After a few minutes I checked back on the router which is located in a datacenter, but I got no reaction from it, also no ping or trace reaction.

After a reboot in the morning, I was able to analyse the logs:
Aug 25 18:05:56 muenster rpd[4195]: RPD_OS_MEMHIGH: Using 215998 KB of memory, 144 percent of available

I think this clearly states, that the 256 MB of memory are not enough. So we are now trying to upgrade it. I am surprised, that 600000 routes are obviously too much for this router. Will 786 MB do the trick also for a higher count of routes?

Regards,

Matthias