On 2009-10-07, at 10:24 PM, Stefan Fouant wrote:

Yep, the OSPF route is preferred, you can see that in your display by
looking at the * symbol next, which indicates which route is active. Also you can see that the BGP route has an "Inactive reason: Route Preference",
which makes sense in this case because as you indicate the default
preference value for OSPF externals is lower than BGP routes. By default, BGP will only advertise active BGP routes. You'll need to either put in a policy to redistribute the OSPF route to BGP, or use the advertise- inactive
command to advertise the inactive BGP route.

--
Stefan Fouant

We decided that instead of using advertise-inactive, we'd instead just prevent this prefix from being redistributed into OSPF in the first place. It's a customer prefix, so there's really no reason why it would need to be in our IGP.

Thanks to all who contributed on/off-line replies.